Sunday, April 19, 2009

grumble

Satan's schemes just make me so mad.

I hate it when I see Christians who are weak or hurting being lured into his evil trap, ensnared by one lie or another, rendered fruitless for the kingdom of light.  I so often feel helpless, like I'm standing one the sidelines of a sporting event.  I can see the game progressing, I see one of my teammates falling, getting hurt... and I can't do anything but stand there.

I kind of feel like throwing the 'pick on someone your own size' line at the Devil.  Not that I'm his size, by any means.  No one is really.  Maybe Michael.  Jesus is way bigger.  And that's super-comforting.  I just don't understand why he doesn't intervene.  What are you trying to teach, God?  They're your children, and you're just letting them stand out in the street and get run over by the bus!

But this reminds me that our Enemy is always waiting, looking, watching for those he can devour (1 Peter 5:8).  He's like the Amalekites, picking off the weak, the young and old from the back of the Israelite line (Deut. 25:17-18).  We must be vigilant.  We must pray.

Pray.  Pray that God would protect our brothers and sisters, particularly those who are infants in faith or emotionally thin from spiritual predators.

2 comments:

R N W said...

will do, I've been seeing that more and more recently and it is definitely tragic and sobering...

Matt said...

amen