Friday, March 6, 2009


Becoming a New Monastic :: Part Next

It's official... again.

If the Lord wills (which it seems very evident that he does), I will be living in Detroit next fall with Mike, Luke, and Jon.

If you read this post, you'll remember that we had decided on Detroit, but Baltimore was thrown back into the mix.

Well, Luke and Mike have been offered jobs with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in Detroit.  As part of his exploration of Baltimore, Mike got in touch with IV people there about possible opportunities for them.

Well, the IV folks in Baltimore got together with the IV folks in Detroit, and decided that we should go to Detroit.

I don't think it gets much clearer than that.  It's one thing to second-guess your own decisions, but another thing entirely when other people commit the matter to prayer and return with such a clear directive.

Let God be praised.

This weekend we were supposed to be visiting Baltimore.  Now I get to stay in Rochester (and welcome home the Guyana team).

No comments: