Sunday, January 18, 2009

new music

Previously:
Eisley :: Room Noises :: 7/10
Armor for Sleep :: Dream to Make Believe :: 6/10
Bright Eyes :: Cassadaga :: 4/10
The Almost :: Southern Weather :: 9/10
Bedouin Soundclash :: Sounding a Mosaic :: 8/10
Cursive :: The Ugly Organ :: 5/10
Sara Bareilles :: Little Voice :: 6/10

Notice that I've ammended my rating for Sara Bareilles.  Apparently it was more mediocre than I origionally thought.

Artist: Catch 22
Album:  Keasbey Nights
iTunes Genre:  Rock (they're more ska, at least in this album)

My Rating:  6/10

Thoughts:  Though this album is very different than Sara Bareilles, I have similar feelings about them.  Perhaps it's just the day, but I was just not really impressed.  Nothing stands out.  The beats are good, the music fun, happy, easy to listen to.  But I didn't fall in love with it.  That's not to say I was disappointed.  The music was good, just didn't really do anything for me.

Best Track:  Kristina
(maybe I'm just a sucker for love songs right now?)

Next Up:  Paramore

No comments: