Some stats from the New York State Department of Health for pregnancy and abortion in NYC, 2010.
- There were 208,541 pregnancies in New York City in 2010. They resulted in 124,791 live births and 83,750 abortions, a 40% abortion rate.
- Among non-Hispanic blacks there were far more abortions than births, 38,574 to 26,635, or 60%. So for every 1,000 African-American babies born, 1,448 were aborted.
- Among Non-Hispanic black teens, the abortion rate was even greater - 5,956 abortions to 2,265 live births, or 72%. For every 1,000 African-American babies born to teens, 2,630 were aborted.
- The abortion rate among teens as a whole was 63% - 12,139 abortions to 7,207 live births. For every 1,000 babies born among New York City teens 1,684 were aborted.
- 16% of all pregnancies in New York City - 14% of abortions - were with teen mothers.
- 54% of abortions were with mothers in their 20's;
- 30% of abortions were with mothers in their 30's or 40's;
- 14% of abortions were with married mothers.