Friday, November 4, 2011

Community - shining a light

In my experience--




In my experience, there is nothing like a community of believers to shine the light of truth on the state of my soul, the depths of my depravity, and then to reawaken me to the hope of the Gospel and the amazing grace of our God.

I was reminded this morning of an old Ross King song (when did 2002 become old?) called Clear the Stage. One of the great lines is
Shine the light on every corner of your life Until the pride and lust and lies are in the open.
The context in the song is deep personal soul-searching, one-on-one with God. While that is certainly an absolute necessity, I found the light pointed at my sin this morning through relationships. And we know what "everything exposed to the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: 'Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.'"

The light of Christ shone on me this morning through my brothers. Darkness cannot abide in the light.

No comments: