Monday, July 25, 2011

Current Reading

You've heard the proverb "leaders are readers." I intend to be a leader. It is my hearts desire to change the world. My mission: To please God, fearing only Him, serving those he loves, and advancing his kingdom of light in a world of darkness. To that end I read.

Here's my current list (and yes, I am reading all six concurrently):
The Federalist and Anti-federalist Papers
Front CoverLife Together by Bonhoeffer
The Republic by Plato
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by Maxwell
Getting Things DONE by David Allen
The Histories of Herodotus (nine books)

Just finished:

  • The Constitution of the United States of America
  • The Declaration of Independence
  • The Contrarian's Guide to Leadership by Steven Sample.
Sample's book may be the best modern leadership text I have read.  For every book you  read, you choose not to read 1000 others. If you consider yourself a leader, exclude 1000 books for this one.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Thanks for providing me with a new reading list!