Friday, October 15, 2010

Water

It's not 11 am yet, and I estimate that I've used approximately 7 gallons of water, just for my own personal hygiene and thirst.

approximately 1.8 million people live with access to water within 1 km of their residence, but no access within their yard or home.  People in that particular circumstance use about 20 liters (5.28 gal) per day on average.

The average toilet flush costs 3-5 gallons of water.  Put a brick or a bottle of water in the talk of your toilet to save water.

If you really want to conserve, detach the pipes under your sink and replace them with a bucket, so the waste water from the sink fills the bucket.  Dump that water directly into the toilet, and it will flush.  I've been doing it with my shaving water.  I shave with a mixing bowl.  It keeps the sink from clogging with hundreds of tiny hairs, and saves a little water.

No comments: