Sunday, December 13, 2009

1000 anarchists arrested in Copenhagen

I'm not an anarchist, but I've made friends in Detroit who lean that way.  If the global climate summit was in Detroit, I probably would have been arrested too.

Read the story.

Politics are so frustrating.

Today after church Luke, Jon and I joined five others from NuVision (the young adult group at New St. Peter's) to pray on the four corners of our block.  It felt so good to join hands with my brothers and sisters and intercede for our church and our block.  It's exciting to me to see God beginning to put a fire in the hearts of the people in our group to see real change in our community.  And I know that as we continue to pray (now every Sat. morning at 10am) God will shape our wills to his own.  As we pray that God would restore the vacant and broken homes of our neighborhood, how long until God puts in on the hearts of others to move into the very homes they're praying for.  Jesus commanded his disciples to pray that the Lord of the harvest would send laborers.  And in his next sentence he sent them.

I've also been praying for friends from Detroit, people my own age who aren't other suburbanites moving into the city.  And after the meeting yesterday and praying today I think God is answering that prayer through NuVision.

No comments: