Wednesday, October 21, 2009

travels

I don't do much chronological event posting, but I think this deserves it:

Tuesday night I took Belinda on a date - an indoor (candle light) picnic at our church.  Thanks to everyone who help make it an evening we'll never forget.  Stories available upon request.

Following goodbye, Slippey helped me quickly drop things at my parents apartment (sorry for a mess, mom & dad!) and then we sped to Buffalo.  I literally hailed the bus as the driver was about to pull out.  He let me on, and off we went.

Layover in Cleveland was uneventful.  I didn't sleep much.  I talked to a few people on the phone, and even when I wasn't talking, my heart was too full for sleep.

I was very tired by the time my bus left Cleveland at 3:30am.  I slept, and woke up as our bus pulled back into the Cleveland station an hour later.  bus=broken.  New bus.

So I was scheduled to get into Detroit at 7:15am, and be at school to sub at 7:30.  After the mishap with the broken bus, I arrived just before 8:30.  My housemates had locked my bike up near the bus station, so I picked it up and rode through light drizzle directly to school. 

Fortunately the teacher that I've been subbing for was in, so it wasn't a big deal that I was late.  We're going to be team teaching until Nov. 6, when he'll be out again for knee surgery.  And then I'll have the class until the end of the calendar year.

I was supposed to go to tutoring immediately after school. But I felt like I was about to pass out on my feet, so I went home, realized I had a pretty severe headache, and passed out in my hammock.  I slept 4-8, got up for some dinner with the guys, and am about to sleep again.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I must admit, I miss hearing stories about Slippey!!