Monday, October 26, 2009

neighbors

It's a beautiful day in Detroit.  After school I was out on my porch, and noticed my neighbor outside picking up some garbage.  She's doing some house cleaning.  But she has a little trouble getting around at over 80 years old.  So I was able to help her throw away some trash, and we're going to haul the garbage cans out to the curb on garbage day.  Being a good neighbor.  She has lived in the house next to us for 70 years.  Amazing.  I'm really looking forward to learning more of the history of the neighborhood from her.

A few days ago Mike and Jon came home at around 9:30pm and the met one of our other neighbors, a man about our age or a little older.  He sold them a rap CD for $5.  Turns out he's a Christian rap artist.  Or at least he wants to be.

I went to New St. Peters again on Sunday, and it was very nice again.  There is one family in particular that lives just a block away that is very interested in getting to know us, which is exciting.

We have a stove.  But it's still not hooked up.  Now we're just missing one small connector.  But apparently Home Depot didn't have the right size?  Lame.  But when we do have a stove (and our cabinet gets hung so we can actually set up our whole kitchen) we're finally going to be able to have people in for an open house or something of the sort.  I'm really excited about the possibilities!

Here are a few photos of some of the kids that are part of Club 7:37 with the CDC.  I'm co-leading a small group with the 8th grade boys.


No comments: