Friday, September 18, 2009

KUMON

I just accepted a part time tutoring job with a place called the KUMON Center.  It's a Japanese-run tutoring organization.  I'll be working Wed. 4-8pm and Sat. 9:30-1:30.  Eight hours total, with plenty of flexibility to miss a day now and then (say, if I happen to be making a trip to Rochester, for some reason...).  It's not much money, but I'm mostly looking forward to the opportunity to work with kids in an environment not so different than the after school program that I volunteered with in Rochester, the Community Place.  I may also be meeting students who are interested in one-on-one tutoring, which is a bit more lucrative both in relationship and finance (I've actually already met one when I went in for the interview/test).

Moving to Pingree tomorrow(ish)!


1 comment:

spriestapphotography said...

The kids I worked with in the bronx used KUMON, it seems to be a program used a lot in larger cities- congrats!