Wednesday, August 26, 2009

a week, a weekend

It's past time for a general update, I feel.

It's been an exciting ten days since Mike and Luke moved in. It's so encouraging to be living in an environment that is very God-focused. Praying together each morning helps put us on the right track for the day, and we're able to encourage each other in personal spiritual disciplines as well.

The guys are busy with "fund development" for InterVarsity, lots of meetings and phone calls. I've been working on trying to find a job doing lots of applications online and attempting to use the very small network that I've developed so far. Nothing looks very promising yet, to be honest. But God has promised that he has a job for me, that he will provide. So I go on trusting, waiting, and working. God is gracious.

The most joyous 48 hours of my life in Detroit so far were this weekend. My parents and Belinda came to visit. It was so incredibly wonderful to have the three of them here, to just relax and be present with the three people I love most. And I won Bridge. ;)

The picture is Belinda and I at the park across the street from my house.

I've tried to write some poetry over the last two days to figure out the craziness of my current emotional state, but I haven't been able to write anything. I fault a combination of laziness and confusion. Hopefully I'll have something to post in a few days.

No comments: