Monday, April 13, 2009

The Ragman, the Ragman, the Christ!

Andrew Peterson wrote a beautiful piece about his Easter Sunday experience over at the Rabbit Room. I love his use of language.

Here's an excerpt to wet your appetite:
I looked at the sky and made myself consider its color, reminded myself to imagine that first Resurrection morning. Still, I felt nothing. It’s okay to feel nothing, I told myself. The stories are true, whatever I may feel about them. The kids always treat me like a new toy when I first come home. They laugh and tell what happened to the doll’s hat, or about how Moondog’s collar slipped off at the park, or about the next chapter in The Goblet of Fire. I nodded and tried to sound excited, but I was struggling to keep my eyes open...

Read the whole story.

No comments: