Monday, April 13, 2009

facebook status poem

The following is a slightly edited compilation of the recent facebook statuses of my friend Kerry.



tying this noose at a breakneck pace
following shots with a second to chase
falling to pieces like porcelain vase
like to vanish with nary a trace
will never forget that look on her face
could use a warning in order to brace
dejected, deflated, full of disgrace
simply forgotten, easy to replace
never felt so fully out of place
devoid of oxygen out in space

fifty-one face down with an ace up sleeve
intellectually absent without leave
asking how many hail maries to heave
losing all faith in my will to believe
watching my funeral longing to grieve
twas better to die than give or receive
an unwanted bone, getting the cleave
resolving to change like it's new years eve
too many obstacles I'm needing to weave
can't live in this world so vainly naive

fourth and inches with just seconds to go
avalanche victim, perishable snow
scaring away friends, welcoming the crow
internally fighting my biggest foe
might survive this life with a cup of joe
searching for needles in order to sew
would love time to freeze, or at any rate slow


Hello darkness my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

1 comment:

Chris said...

This is evocatively sad, like it's the end of autumn. I like it. Kerry has a good way with words.