Thursday, April 16, 2009

evangelism

I was reminded again tonight about some things that I've come to believe about evangelism.

Sometimes, Christians get into this debate between two evangelism 'styles.'  I'll call them "relational" evangelism and "conversational/contact" evangelism.

I've decided that it is mostly a silly debate.  Both can be done well, and both can be done poorly.  The awesome thing is that God will use both, sometimes even when they're done poorly.  I agree with Paul-- the important thing is that Christ is preached (I know that's completely out of context, but I feel somewhat justified doing that to Paul, cause he did it to David).   The important thing is that people know that God loves them, that Jesus died for them to give them life present and eternal.

I should be talking about Him with my friends (whether they believe in him or not).  And I should be talking about Him with strangers, as the Spirit leads.

Ultimately, it's not up to us.  It does not depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.  We don't change lives.  But how cool is it to be used by God in even a small way?  There are too many just waiting to be asked.  The harvest is plentiful, the workers are few.

No comments: