Wednesday, February 4, 2009

new music

Previously:
Eisley :: Room Noises :: 7/10
Armor for Sleep :: Dream to Make Believe :: 6/10
Bright Eyes :: Cassadaga :: 4/10
The Almost :: Southern Weather :: 9/10
Bedouin Soundclash :: Sounding a Mosaic :: 8/10
Cursive :: The Ugly Organ :: 5/10
Sara Bareilles :: Little Voice :: 6/10
Catch 22 :: Keasbey Nights :: 6/10
Paramore :: Riot! :: 8/10
The Ataris :: So Long, Astoria :: 7/10
Mae :: Singularity :: 8.5/10
Brand New :: The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me :: 5/10
Kevin Devine :: Put Your Ghost to Rest :: 8/10
The Format :: Dog Problems / Invitations and Lullabies :: 7/10
mewithoutyou :: Brother, Sister :: 9.5/10

Artist:  Feist
Album:  Let It Die
iTunes Genre:  Pop

My Rating:  7/10

Thoughts:  7 seems to be a pretty average rating for this new music.  I'll have to plot the results afterwards and do some statistical analysis.  What?  Otherwise I couldn't say with confidence that I'm a nerd.  Anyway, I enjoyed listening to Feist.  I don't feel the need to listen to the album again.  I'm afraid that digging into the content of the songs will make me like them less, though if anyone out there is a big fan of her lyrics, let me know.  I really like Feist's voice (or whatever her name is).  Her voice and the music blend well, and create a generally pleasant listening experience.  I can't say I was moved by any of the songs.  I simply enjoyed them.

Best Track: When I Was A Young Girl

Up Next:  Psalters

No comments: