Thursday, February 26, 2009

free exchange


I'm currently listening to this album.  I just got it in the mail from some guy I don't know from Bowling Green, OH.  I sent him a little book called the Search for Significance.  I think I got it for free somewhere.

In the next few days I'm expecting The Untimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and a book called Light Force to arrive in the mail.  How, you might ask?

I was recommended this website: www.swaptree.com.  And now I'm recommending it to you.  It's completely free.  You just sign up, input the books, DVDs, CDs, or games that you're willing to trade, and make a list of things you want.

You can find trades yourself, or swaptree will find them for you!  I'm getting Hitchhiker's Guide and Light Force by three-way trades that the website found for us, so the people that I just mailed a movie and a book to are sending something else to the people who are sending me the books.

of course, postage isn't free, but this is exactly the kind of anti-consumerism that I love.  Easy, efficient, and cheap ways to reuse rather than buy new.  Check it out!

1 comment:

Elliot said...

that is possibly the best album ever compiled by anyone ever.

also, thanks for inviting me to the site! i'm getting August And Everything After by Counting Crows and Oh, Gravity! by Switchfoot for a bad SE textbook and Reflections on the Psalms by C.S. Lewis (which I got for a Bible study and then didn't use...).