Tuesday, January 27, 2009

new music

Previously:
Eisley :: Room Noises :: 7/10
Armor for Sleep :: Dream to Make Believe :: 6/10
Bright Eyes :: Cassadaga :: 4/10
The Almost :: Southern Weather :: 9/10
Bedouin Soundclash :: Sounding a Mosaic :: 8/10
Cursive :: The Ugly Organ :: 5/10
Sara Bareilles :: Little Voice :: 6/10
Catch 22 :: Keasbey Nights :: 6/10
Paramore :: Riot! :: 8/10
The Ataris :: So Long, Astoria :: 7/10
Mae :: Singularity :: 8.5/10

Artist: Brand New
Album:  The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me
iTunes Genre:  Alternative & Punk

My Rating:  5/10

Thoughts:  Some of the tracks are interesting.  I'm sure it's pretty inventive musically.  It's just not my taste.  Not much of an emo fan, I suppose.  Though I do care about feelings (recently I used the fact that I care about feelings as a defense in a mafia game... and it worked).  I have no idea if the lyrics are good.  I didn't care enough for the music to pay attention to the words.

Best Track:  Degausser

Up Next: Kevin Devine

1 comment:

moses said...

This is the first time I must criticise your reviews. Lyrically, that album is among the most brilliant I have ever heard. Don't listen to the music. Just go read the lyrics for 'Jesus Christ' and 'Millstone'