Sunday, January 25, 2009

new music

Previously:
Eisley :: Room Noises :: 7/10
Armor for Sleep :: Dream to Make Believe :: 6/10
Bright Eyes :: Cassadaga :: 4/10
The Almost :: Southern Weather :: 9/10
Bedouin Soundclash :: Sounding a Mosaic :: 8/10
Cursive :: The Ugly Organ :: 5/10
Sara Bareilles :: Little Voice :: 6/10
Catch 22 :: Keasbey Nights :: 6/10
Paramore :: Riot! :: 8/10
The Ataris :: So Long, Astoria :: 7/10


Artist:  Mae
Album:  Singularity
iTunes Genre:  Gospel & Religious

My Rating: 8.5/10

Thoughts:  I told myself I wasn't going to stoop to the decimal scale, but I couldn't help myself.  I didn't leave enought room between 8 and 9.  Mae is better than Paramore and Bedouin Soundclash, but not quite as good at The Almost.  I like the alternative rock feel, a little bit calmer, with solid lyrics (though they're mostly straight forward -- i like a bit more metaphor).  This album has a good mix of song topics.

Best Track:  Sometimes I Can't Make It Alone   (is that my third "best track" in a row that's about a girl?)

Up Next:  Brand New

2 comments:

fendeilagh said...

you could just shift your other ratings that are 8 and below down one, since you haven't gone below a 4 yet anyway.

Matt said...

or i could shift the 9 to a 10. thought of that. i'm sticking with what i've got. stubbornness? probably.