Saturday, January 17, 2009

new music

Previously:
Eisley :: Room Noises :: 7/10
Armor for Sleep :: Dream to Make Believe :: 6/10
Bright Eyes :: Cassadaga :: 4/10
The Almost :: Southern Weather :: 9/10

Artist:  Bedouin Soundclash
Album:  Sounding a Mosaic
iTunes Genre:  Reggae

My Rating:  8/10

Thoughts:  I love reggae.  I just love it.  You could probably throw almost any reggae album at me and it would get at least a 6.  But I think my taste in reggae is so undiscerning because I haven't really heard much.  Perhaps if I listened to more of it, I wouldn't like it as much.  Bedouin Soundclash has put together some great sounds, and the tracks are unique enough that the album is enjoyable in a straight-through listen - I'm on my way through a second time.

Best Track:  Immigrant Workforce

No comments: