Friday, January 16, 2009

new music

Previously:
Eisley :: Room Noises :: 7/10
Armor for Sleep :: Dream to Make Believe :: 6/10


Artist:  Bright Eyes
Album:  Cassadaga
iTunes Genre:  Alternative & Punk

My Rating: 4/10

Thoughts:  The songs on this album are all over the place.  Occasionally there's something really good, but mostly it's just strange and somehow hard to listen to.  I think I would like the lyrics if I could get past the music.  The singer's voice doesn't do anything for me.  I think this album just sounds a bit too dream-like for me, a bit too bizarre.

Best track:  Soul Singer In A Session Band

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hit this on the head. It is dreamlike, and for me, sometimes that's exactly what I need. I enjoy a lot of the songs, but the crescendo on "No One Would Riot For Less" is worth the price of the album itself. I also truly enjoy the music in "Four Winds" (despite the fact that I disagree with the lyrics). I definitely think that this album is good, but sometimes you just need to be in that dreamlike mood to really get it.