Tuesday, January 13, 2009

crazy question

Here's a crazy question that I came across at the Rabbit Room today.

Would you want to date yourself if you were not yourself and yourself was an option?

Alternatively, for the married folks out there, ask yourselves "Would I want to be married to me if I was not me and me was an option?"

I think this is a very difficult question to answer honestly.  It's also hard not to judge someone else answering it based on your own biases.

It sounds really conceited to say that I would date myself.  But if I can't say that, then does it mean I don't like myself?  I don't hate myself.  I certainly have at least my share of flaws, if not more.  So, I'm not sure if I would want to date  m a t t.  I'm glad I'll never have to make that choice.

I'm even more glad that someone I do want to date did make that choice.

No comments: