Saturday, December 6, 2008

Proverbs 5 & 6

CHORUS:
I would rather be a man
Than a loaf of bread
I would rather be a man
Than a loaf of bread

VERSE 1:
Can't scoop fire
Into my lap
And not be burned
I would be burned

Cannot walk
Across hot coals
And not be scorched
I would be scorched

CHORUS

VERSE 2:
Drink water from
Your own well
Don't let it flow
Into the streets

For your ways
Are in God's view
He examines
All your paths

CHORUS

VERSE 3:
So when you
Are tempted
To look with lust
To act with lust

Recall to mind
Prostitute will
Reduce a man
To a loaf of bread

CHORUS


I wrote this song this morning after I finished reading Proverbs 6. This verse in particular caught my eye, and I went back through chapters 5 and 6 for the rest of the related content.

1 comment:

Macro Guy said...

That's sure to be a worship hit!

;-)