Monday, December 1, 2008

love letters

Of all the songs that I could have written this morning, I wrote of love song.

I reminded me of Basileia 2008. I was out in the woods by the lake, and I end up writing this poem about love letters. I have no idea why. It's not particularly good. In fact it's actually a bad poem. But now that I've biased you, I'll share it.

Love Letters

I cannot stop writing my love to you
Day and night lose meaning behind closed blinds
Time is the height of a candle
and another
and another
And though I tire my love will not rest
I have no appetite for food
only words
And so I write
page after page
with both hands.


At the same time I wrote what may be the best poem I've ever written, which has nothing to do with love. But I'll save that for another time.

No comments: